- On May 13, 2022
- In 5 Fun Things to Do In Vegas Free Things To Do In Vegas Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours From Vegas Grand Canyon Skywalk Grand Canyon South Rim Grand Canyon Tour Packages Grand Canyon West Rim Hoover Dam Sightseeing In Vegas Vegas Covid Protocols Vegas Shows
- Tags: Grand Canyon tours from Las Vegas, Grand Canyon tours from Vegas
What a One-Day Trip to Grand Canyon Looks Like
If you are visiting Las Vegas, then you can also visit Grand Canyon, just a few hours away. You can also take a trip to see Hoover Dam, Colorado River, Lake Mead, and various other destinations. With Grand Canyon tours from Vegas, you can easily plan a day trip and visit all the popular destinations.
You can do so much in a day trip. You can visit various places, look at the Grand Canyon from different viewing points & enjoy recreational activities. Grand Canyon tours from Las Vegas offers an organized trip, which means you don’t have to bother with planning. At the same time, you can drive their yourself. Take your pick. Either way, it will be a great trip.
Here is what a day trip to the Grand Canyon Looks like:
Choose – West or South Rim
The first thing you need to do is choose where you wish to go – South or West rim. Both offer amazing views, activities and experiences. You can visit both the rims if you have time. But if you want to enjoy, make sure to explore all the top places and take part in activities.
South Rim is very popular because it offers some of the best views. West Rim is of course, popular due to the Skywalk. Likewise, if you are driving from Vegas, visiting the West Rim is a better option.
Choose your destination for your one-day trip to Grand Canyon.
Grand Canyon West Day Trip
If you have chosen the West Rim, you will have a chance of visiting very popular places. And, you will get to see the Grand Canyon at 4000 feet above the canyon floor. It is closer to Las Vegas, which is why people like to drive there.
So, here is what you can do on your one-day trip to Grand Canyon West:
- The Guano Point and Eagle Point are the two very popular viewing points in the West Rim. You can visit these points to see how majestic the canyon looks.
- The West Rim is known for the Skywalk, a glass bridge in shape of a horseshoe. It extends 70 feet from the Grand Canyon rim & is over 4000 feet above the floor of the canyon. It offers the best view of the Canyon.
- It also has Zipline that offers you the chance to fly 500 feet over the canyon. Again, this offers an amazing view of the whole canyon.
- In the West Rim, you can also visit the Native American Village. Learn about the tribal heritage here.
- Grand Canyon tours from Las Vegas includes boat rides on the Colorado River on the pontoon boats.
- If you love shopping, the Native American Flea Market at Guano Point is your destination. Here you can buy handcrafted items from the local Hualapai and other Native American artisans.
- Visit the Native Hands Gift Shop at the Indian Village at Eagle Point to buy handcrafted creations by the Hualapai, Hopi and Mojave tribes. You will be amazed at the variety of souvenir available here.
Grand Canyon South Rim Day Trip
The South Rim is more popular than the West Rim. Grand Canyon tours from Vegas offers a visit to the South Rim. It is also within the driving distance from Las Vegas. Many prefer tours from Vegas as it is more convenient.
Here are the things you can do on your one-day trip to Grand Canyon South Rim:
- One of the reasons why South Rim is more popular because it has the largest number of viewpoints. For your one-day trip, you can visit the Mather Point, Yaki Point and Ooh Aah Point. They are the most popular viewpoints.
- Visit the Yavapai Point & Geology Museum to enjoy the geology exhibits. Also, you will get to view the Canyon through picture windows.
- The South Rim has the Grand Canyon Visitor Center & Theater where you will be able to enjoy a wide range of indoor and outdoor exhibits. Additionally, you can also see a 20-minute movie Grand Canyon: A Journey of Wonder.
- Visit the Grand Canyon Pioneer Cemetery to know more about the history of the Grand Canyon. This is especially for the history buffs.
- Shrine of the Ages offers concerts, lectures, and more. The program and activities change occasionally.
- You can visit the Grand Canyon Conservancy Park Store. It is the largest gift shop and bookstore.
- Bright Angel Bicycles is a place where you can buy limited hiking supplies if you love hiking. If you like hiking, then five day-hiking trails at the South Rim are available in different difficulty level.
The Bottom Line
One day trip to Grand Canyon is one of the best ways to explore it. You can do so much in a one-day trip. West and South rims offer a wide range of activities and entertainment. Grand Canyon tours from Las Vegas are available if you want an organized and hassle-free one-day trip to Grand Canyon.
Vegas Tours offers Grand Canyon tours from Vegas. You can choose from a wide range of tours. From bus tours to VIP tours in luxury vehicles.
Find out more here – https://vegastours.com/tour/?tour_types=168&page=0